3rd Party Event Guidelines
The Tulsa SPCA reserves the right to decline participation or cancel participation in an event for any reason. Generally, the following events will NOT be approved:
- Events that do not adhere to the Tulsa SPCA Third-party Event Guidelines
- Events that require significant attendance from Tulsa SPCA staff or volunteers
- Events scheduled in close proximity to a Tulsa SPCA fundraising event (i.e. Paws & Pictures, Trivia Night)
- Events that are controversial in nature or do not represent a positive image for the Tulsa SPCA
Application and Approval
- Third-Party events must be aligned with the Tulsa SPCA mission: to improve the lives of dogs and cats, and their human companions.
- Third-Party Events should be submitted and approved no later than two weeks prior to the scheduled event, although at least 30 days is preferred. Each event will be carefully reviewed for feasibility and suitability with our organization’s mission, goals and objectives. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of the Tulsa SPCA and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner.
Marketing and Promotion
- Sponsor is responsible for all event coordination, marketing/promotion and sales.
- All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit the Tulsa SPCA.
- Any use of the Tulsa SPCA logo or inclusion of the Tulsa SPCA name must be approved by the Tulsa SPCA at least two weeks in advance of the event. Any contact with press or other media must be coordinated with the Tulsa SPCA.
- Sponsor agrees to coordinate with and request permission from the Tulsa SPCA before soliciting any individuals, organizations or businesses in order to avoid duplicated efforts.
- The Tulsa SPCA cannot finance any expenses related to a Third-Party Event or assume responsibility for any debts incurred.
- Sponsor must state the terms of the donation that Tulsa SPCA can expect from the event and must tender the donation within thirty (30) days of the event.
- A donation solicited on the Tulsa SPCA’s behalf, whether the donation is an item or cash, is tax-deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to the Tulsa SPCA.
- Donors to Third-Party events who wish to be receipted must make checks payable to the Tulsa SPCA and provide an address.
- Cash donations must be received with a list of donors, addresses and specific amounts; otherwise, cash will be collected as an anonymous gift.
- Cash should not be deposited into a personal account in order to write the Tulsa SPCA a check for the amount. If the event is a benefit event (i.e. benefit concert), the donor will only be receipted for the donation amount minus the fair market value of the benefit.
- When a portion of the ticket price or suggested donation from a participant of the Sponsor’s event is not tax-deductible, the Sponsor must clearly state this on all materials.
Event Insurance and Liability
- Sponsor is responsible for obtaining any necessary permits and clearances required by local and state government and complying with all applicable laws, and also obtain appropriate insurance coverage as necessary.
- The Tulsa SPCA cannot be held liable for details associated directly or indirectly with the event, including, but not limited to: expenses, purchases, insurance or liability coverage.
How can the Tulsa SPCA help with your event?
The Tulsa SPCA is extremely appreciative of the organizers who manage third‐party events to benefit its programs, but is limited in the amount of assistance it can provide a third‐party event.
The Tulsa SPCA can provide the following:
- Advice and suggestions on event planning, as time allows.
- Approval of the use of the Tulsa SPCA name, logo and images (with approval).
- Display promotional materials.
- The Tulsa SPCA Event Banners (subject to availability).
- Promotion of your event, when appropriate, to the Tulsa SPCA community through regular advertising venues such as our website, social media and internal communications.
- Acknowledge and provide tax receipts for contributions made payable and submitted to the Tulsa SPCA.
The Tulsa SPCA cannot provide the following:
- Due to limited resources, the Tulsa SPCA cannot guarantee that Tulsa SPCA staff or volunteers will attend the event.
- The Tulsa SPCA will not approve Sponsor use of Tulsa SPCA mailing lists.